Here at Socom Tactical we decided to drop Krylon Fusion to a price of £6.50 per can and a mix & match bulk deal of 6 cans for £36. After searching around we are the cheapest price in the UK with colours varying from Tan, Khaki, Olive, Woodland Green, Brown, Black and White (perfect for a base coat).
Why not try a paint job from Black Hawk Down, Lone Survivor, American Sniper, Blood Diamond or any other action movie!
Krylon ‘Fusion’ states:
The revolutionary No-Prep, Superbond Paint for Plastic® now makes painting plastic possible.
- No sanding or priming required
- Bonds easily to most plastics, PVC, resin and more
- Fast dry; fully chip-resistant after 7 days
- Features EZ Touch 360°® Dial Spray Tip
DRY TO TOUCH:
- 15 minutes
DRY TO HANDLE:
- 1 hour
FOR USE ON
- Ceramic, Glass, Hard Vinyl, Plastic, Wrought Iron, Wicker, Metal, Wood, Plaster
When spraying your rifle, for best results attach any attachments you desire to be sprayed whilst using the gun so it is all co-ordinated.
If you have a two tone rifle, we do not suggest or condone the spraying of a two tone as this is technically breaking the law by ‘manufacturing’ a RIF (realistic imitation firearm). Please check with the retailer you purchased the rifle from as spraying it may invalidate the warranty.
1) Make sure your airsoft gun or surface is clear of dirt, dust and any other substance that may interfere with a clean coat.
3) After choosing your camo or design pattern, apply your first coat of your base colour making sure you spray about One Foot (30cm) away from the surface you are spraying and be weary of any blockages in the nozzle of the can and it may cause spluttering (do not look directly into the nozzle with your finger on the button). Apply a light dusting covering the whole surface.
4) Allow 10-20 minutes for the paint to dry and store it in a warm environment to heat treat the paint and avoid the paint from cracking in the cold.
5) After the first coat is touch dry, use the stencil or other means of making the pattern and then select the next colour and repeat step three. continue heat treating the paint and waiting 10-20 minutes before each coat until you have your desired pattern.
6) After you have finished it helps to apply a couple of coats of Krylon Lacquer to add a protective layer over paint and avoid chips and scratches.