Behold the most expensive airsoft gun in world. We think you’ll agree, it’s a piece of work…
This $10,000 monstrosity comes packed with a smorgasbord of attachments with dubious usefulness including scopes, a tactical spork and even a loo roll holder.
The Evike Custom “Optic Thunder” M4 AEG rifle boasts that you will “never lose sight of targets when batteries run low” and that you can “eat jello on the battlefield.”
- Length: 1000-1090mm
- Weight: ~30lbs.
- Magazine Capacity: 2500rd “C” Magazine
- Muzzle Velocity: ~400 FPS (Measured with 0.20g BB’s)
- Thread Direction: 14mm Positive
- Fire Modes: Semi/Full-Auto, Safety
- Battery: 11.1v Lipo Recommended
- Hopup: Adjustable
- Totally Cool? Yes, Definitely
- Full Metal Receiver, RIS, Scope Mounts and other bits forged from Pure Awesomeness.
- Choose from not one, not two, but SEVEN Scopes to acquire your target. Never lose sight of the enemy!
- Integrated Grenade Launcher, for those moments when a 2500rd Drum Mag just isn’t enough.
- Tactical Flashlight Vertical Grip to blind everything in your way!
- Inverted Vertical Grip, Perfect for Tactical Toilet Paper Rolls (We recommend Charmin Ultra Soft for comfort. Toilet Paper not included.)
- Tactical Laser to help acquire targets even faster when firing at the hip
- PEQ Box attached to the Stock for those moments of… moments of… sighting a target from behind you? Whatever. It’s attached to the Stock because we want it to be.
- Tactical Spork. Good for eating Jello, good for digging trenches, great as a substitute for a machete when you’re making your way through the jungle! (Jello not included. Do not eat from Spork when gun is loaded.)
- Extra Long Mock Silencer. Worried that your 5″ Mock Silencer just doesn’t cut it? Worry no more.
- Sniper Pistol Grip. Ergonomic, comfortable, perfect for the job.
Don’t want to spend $10k on an airsoft gun?
Clearly the Optic Thunder has it all, but there are better ways to optimise your loadout. Let’s start from the assumption that you have a regular M4 AEG airsoft rifle.
Scopes & Laser Sights
M4 airsoft rifles are designed to fire across a medium to high range, so a quality scope is important to preserving your accuracy. A lightweight, adjustable red dot sight provides ideal accuracy and flexibility that is ideal for M4 rifle users.
If the firepower of an M4 assault rifle just isn’t enough, you need to break out the heavy ordinance. An underslung grenade launcher is an ideal accessory when a bigger bang is required. More effective than spraying and praying, firing an airsoft grenade is arguably better than trying to pinpoint several opponents. A grenade launcher can also be used to fire smoke grenades, which can provide a keen tactical advantage.
Sporks? Sporks are just a spoon and a fork! When you’re out on the battlefield, you need a utensil that does more than just scoop and stab. But how, I hear you cry, can you improve on the mighty spork? You add more…
Airsoft pistol silencers are very useful for quiet and close CQB engagements, providing you with the opportunity to gain a tactical edge. They also provide you with the option for stealth action without needing to modify your primary weapon on the fly. Rather than attaching every mod to one gun, try diversifying. A silenced sidearm allows you to go loud or go dark without having to tediously add and remove your silencer from your rifle.
For night skirmishes and shadowy CQB combat, a torch is extremely useful. While it has the potential to reveal your position, clever use of a torch can guide you through dark areas as well as surprise enemies. However, at Socom, we prefer a subtler approach. Night vision has become so much more affordable in recent years, allowing easy access to personal night optics. Using night vision goggles gives you the ultimate element of surprise.
Sure, all of this isn’t as awesome as having it all on one airsoft gun, but we think this loadout will be a bit more effective in the field 😉